The Layton Citizens Committee is a grass roots citizens' advocacy group, with 100's of participants all over the city, united in the cause of promoting citizen's rights and representation on both a local and state level.
During the past year the committee has:
- Organized, advised or helped with four separate local zoning challenges facing the east and west areas of Layton.
- Advised a Kaysville Citizens group with their government transparency issue.
- Joined forces with citizen groups, state wide, to fight a senate bill designed to stop citizen initiatives and give excessive power to government officials with no recourse from the citizens.
The Committee is now busily engaged in supporting individuals running for office who are:
- committed to giving citizens a voice to be heard
- willing to compromise and create fair results for citizens and developers
- willing to work towards a master plan for the city and abide by it
- suppportive that Layton should grow responsibly
- pro-parks and other open spaces for future generations
- supportive of reducing government waste
- Several hundred people are active supporters of the Layton Citizens Committee.
- Candidates are NOT ALLOWED TO DONATE MONEY TO THE COMMITTEE.
- Candidates are NOT ALLOWED TO VOTE OR BE A VOTING MEMBER.
- Layton Citizens Committee is independant of any candidate